31 December 2004

Resolved

Last year, I had a rather ambitious set of resolutions for 2004. In retrospect, I didn't accomplish so much. As I can't even find the list of them, here's a rundown of the ones I can remember.

* Be published by July
* Write for three hours per week
* Read for one hour per day
* Go stargazing once per week
* Go photographing once per week
* Watch every 007 film
* Finish BUD/S Warning Order workout

This year, as a function of my resolutions, was a complete and total failure. I did some reading and some writing, but it was almost all on the Internet, and my only published work was in the independent campus paper. I only went stargazing a few times, which can be partly blamed on the fact that my telescope is rubbish. I took a lot of pictures, but I certainly didn't do it as frequently as I'd planned. I watched about half of the 007 films in order, and some more this week during the 007 Days of Christmas marathon.

And the workout program? Don't ask.

I don't consider the year a failure. I worked hard at university, learned a lot, and made pretty good marks. I got a Summer job in the United Kingdom and spent two and a half months in Europe. I could have done more, but all things considered it was a good year.

Now it's time to make some resolutions for 2005. For some reason, after pretty much completely failing at carrying out my resolutions for the past two years, I think I'll be a bit less ambitious. Here's my preliminary list.

* Graduate from university
* Get a stable post-graduation job
* Start and finish a workout program
* Read eight books not assigned for course work
* Finish watching the 007 films

If anyone's actually reading this, I encourage you to post your own resolutions in the comments section. I'm interested to see what people want to accomplish in 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home