22 April 2005

Stupidity: The Mother of Invention?

Okay, so my Birks are in the shop, having the cork and latex foot bed and the rubber sole completely repaired. I'll be without them for about a week. It would have made more sense to have taken them in during the winter, but let's face it, I was absolutely friggin' busy. As it turns out, we're now experiencing a good deal of heat in the Northwest, which means that I need something other than my heavy slip-on ranch shoes to wear.

Solution? Buy a $4.99 pair of flip flop thong sandals at the general store. I went there before class and picked up a pair, and immediately put them on upon arrival at my car. I'm still getting used to them, but I've come to the following conclusions:

  • These are the most uncomfortable footwear I've ever owned
  • These are probably the most impractical footwear I've ever owned

    These two determinations have convinced me that flip flop thong sandals were designed and manufactured by fashion designers to capitalize on the pure stupidity of the sorority and fraternity crowd. Why am I any different? Because in a week, when my Birkenstocks are back, these flip flops of mine will be relegated to the status of gymnasium/hostel shower shoes. The "Greek" crowd wear theirs all the time.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home