27 August 2005

Fly on the Loose: Wednesday

This is the first in a two part series on what I've been up to the last few evenings. I'm afraid I may be turning into a dysfunctional version of Lycan Thrope.

On Monday or so, I called the Dark Horse Sandal Man, who I'd not seen since our last encounter. We made plans to meet up at the same pub as last time, which we'll call the Iron Horse for no particular reason. I was looking forward to a delicious dinner of fettucine alfredo, complemented with a pint of Guinness straight from the tap. It was to be a T.O.B., a thing... Of beauty. I had to work until 20:00 on Wednesday, so we agreed to meet up there at around 20:40, allowing me to get changed and drive from Hometown to College City.

I arrived and parked, and met up with DHSM. Unfortunately, we arrived about ten minutes after the kitchen had closed. I hadn't had anything to eat, and he hadn't had anything to eat, so we decided to set out for food. Neither of us were in the mood for the local pizza joint, or any of the other things that were available in the downtown College City area, so we wound up at Subway. Good, reliable, open 'til 22:00 Subway. We ate, and then returned to the Iron Horse, where I had my staple: a pint of Guiness; and DHSM had some other kind of beer. We discussed life, the universe, and everything, just like the last time, while sitting outside and trying to ignore the awful karaoke that was being inflicted upon us from inside the pub. (Actually, there was no karaoke last time.)

I have not gotten any action in months, so like the last time, we wound up at the Summer meat market. While not completely devoid of tail, this time around there wasn't nearly the crowd that there had been on our prior visit. We grabbed a pool table, and throughout our time there I was noticing this girl in jeans and a white tank top, but checking out her friends: a blonde with a smokin' hot body, in a baby blue tank top and jeans. Gorgeous.

Anyway, near the end of the second game of pool, this round guy in a red polo shirt, with a backwards ballcap and a labret piercing came over and informed me that his friend, Amy, had been watching us, but particularly me. He informed me that I had the opportunity, all I had to do was take it. DHSM and I finished our game of pool, and went up to the bar, where several of the people in their party, including piercing guy and white tank top totty, had relocated to. Piercing guy introduced us, and we talked for a few minutes.

It turns out that she's in the National Guard, and noticed a couple of guys who carried themselves like military guys (DHSM and I both have military experience), one of whom (me) had a bona fide military haircut. We talked for a couple of minutes, then she excused herself, turning down the offer of a drink from yours truly. No digits, no nothing. I shot down, I crashed and burned.

Sandal Man finished his third of the night as I chatted with one of my old acquaintances from the history department, a stout guy about my age whose wife apparently wants a divorce. Once DHSM and I agreed to bail, I took him home, then returned to Hometown, getting less than my minimum six hours of solid sleep before getting up to take care of cars for a busy work day.

Next time, tune in for the recap of Thursday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home