07 September 2005

Devil Went Down to Dublin

I can't believe I missed this... By like, thirteen years.

Do you know who I am? Oh, I know who you are, I know you probably even better than you know yourselves. What a night, what a show, Zooropa, it's all over. So many have turned out to see us, I don't know what to say, thank you, thank you, thank you... But, you know, there's someone who used to come and see us all the time, and who hasn't been 'round for a while. We used to be so close. People think I've forgotten about him, but I haven't, I used to find him so inspiring back then; he invented me. I was his most magnificent creation, the brightest star in his sky. Now look at me, a tired old pop star in platform shoes. I try to speak to him all the time, but he won't take my calls. I get blamed for everything, all the wars, all the famine, all the trouble in the world, I get blamed for it; even the Evening Herald slags me off. Who can I get to help me make peace with them? Who will mediate for me, and... Shall I call the United Nations? Maybe they could help me. Off with the horns, on with the show. Shhhhh... Hello? Hello?
- MacPhisto, 28th August 1993

Confused? Look 'im up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home