28 October 2005

Descendit In Inferno

According to the book of Ecclesiastes (why a book in the Hebrew Bible is named using a Greek word, I do not know; same with Exodos), there is nothing new under the sun. Compare:

That day of wrath, that day
That day of wrath, that day
The trumpets wonderous calls, sounding abroad
He descends into Hell
That day of wrath
That day of wrath
- Pontifex Maximus

And...

"Through me the way is to the city dolent;
Through me the way is to eternal dole;
Through me the way among the people lost.
Justice incited my sublime Creator;
Created me divine Omnipotence,
The highest Wisdom and the primal Love.
Before me there were no created things,
Only eterne, and I eternal last.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here."
- Dante, "Inferno" Canto III

And now Bill gets hit in the face with a LaCrosse ball.

More later.

UPDATE: For those of you who haven't gathered, there's been some things really eating at me lately. I'm trying to keep a good attitude, but today's going to be another bad day. Thanks for folks like Sarah Canuck, M@, April, The Wife, Father Time, and sneaky_pete for helping me out. You guys are great.

I'm going to try to post something of substance today, because most of what I've posted this week has been absolute rubbish. Katie dared to accuse me of turning "emo" the other day, which is unacceptable. I'll work harder, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home