20 November 2005

Wherein the Fly Rants Aimlessly

Every year, Coca Cola does a new Christmas commercial in which polar bears, generally at least one adult and one adolescent, enjoy the taste of Coca Cola while somehow wishing a merry Christmas to those folks who watch television. Now, I really don't care for Coca Cola, and I'd rather drink just about anything else, so I have no vested interest in the company.

That having been said, I'm a bit disgruntled at this year's commercial. Why? Because this year's commercial features penguins. Why does this leave me disgruntled? Because penguins live at the South Pole, while polar bears live at the North Pole. I realize this is the pettiest issue I've ever whined about, but it bugs me, and this is my blog, so I can whine about anything I want.

If it had been me directing the commercial, I would have replaced the penguins with a handful of Santa's elves. Then, I would have had the bears mauling and/or eating said elves. Then, just for good measure, I would have added a brief scene with a battalion of Santa's elite Clausistani Republican Guard, seeking unholy vengeance on a group of terrified polar bears, wielding Kalashnikov rifles, torches, and battle axes.

Yeah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home