01 August 2006

Culinary Fly

For various reasons, I have a desire to learn to cook a few dishes beyond Hamburger Helper, and chicken on my countertop grill. Idiot-proof food is a great thing, but at some point you have to start developing some real talent.

One of my co-workers recited a recipe about a month ago for Shepherd's Pie, so I decided to have a look on the magical Interweb for a couple of recipes. My goal? To find simple recipes for two dishes fit for a bachelor: Shepherd's Pie, and Steak and Guinness Pie.

I got to searching for recipes, and found a few of them, though some of them look fairly advanced for my limited cooking experience. I wound up stumbling across this recipe, courtesy of Rachael Ray (pictured); it looks manageable, so I'll probably try it at some point soon, possibly this weekend. I'll continue searching for a decent Steak and Guinness Pie recipe.

Speaking of Rachael Ray, I am of the opinion that she is quite possibly the most gorgeous food-related celebrity in the history of the world; she makes Betty Crocker look like a toothless old cat lady, and Martha Stewart look like a convicted felon. She's about to hit thirty-eight, and she could easily pass for mid-twenties. You can read more about Rachael Ray at Food Network, Wikipedia, or the IMDB, or read an article about her at American Profile.

On an unrelated note, I've noted my skepticism regarding Wikipedia in the past. This week's edition of The Onion has a great article on the subject: Wikipedia Celebrates 750 Years Of American Independence.

More on the culinary development of The Fly as time rolls on; and possibly more pictures of the lovely Rachael Ray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home