31 August 2006

Zoo Station Interference

Hello? Hello, is anyone there? Ahhh, there you are. I've been trying desperately to get through; the interference is worse than usual. I've been unable to get a transmission out of Zoo Station in days. Wait, wait, you're breaking up... Well, I'd best get on with it. There's no telling how long I can keep transmitting.

What's the old saying? Is it that things will always get worse before they get better, or is it the other way around? Well, at any rate, I've been experiencing one, or the other, or both, of those phenomenons. Phenomenons? Phenomena. The heat must be getting to me. At any rate, the last few months have been spent working feverishly in preparation for a major offensive. All manner of imps, demons, and wraiths were employed in said preparations; the entire undertaking was meant to catapult me back into the limelight, but as usual it failed miserably.

I've been saying for more than a decade now that I have regrets; I've been saying for all that time that there are things I'd rearrange and revisit, if I could. I thought this would be my chance, to put all the pieces back together. Instead, my latest failure has made some of my greatest recent successes seem like a massive joke. I feel as if I've assumed the role of my flamboyant doppelganger, having descended from being a fine specimen to being nothing more than a tired, washed up old crooner.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get over it. The pain may be great right now, but I always seem to bounce back; how ironic that, of all individuals, I seem to do it with less vice than most. I'm like my old friend, Prometheus, always getting nearly back to normal before losing it all again. I hear he's broken the cycle, for the most part... Still, lugging that rock around all the time can't be enjoyable. I'd like to think that I'm a bit more cunning than that.

It's so cruel, so very cruel. They say that the secret is letting go of your pain, breaking down, and giving in to something or other. I missed the end of that one, but I'm intently waiting for some sort of rerun. Sometimes it's not quite so easy to let go of your pain.

I see the interference is breaking back through, scrambling the transmission. I'd best get back to work on my next scheme; it will take quite a bit of logistical planning and effort to surpass the brilliance of this one. This, my beloved patients... This scheme was so brilliant that when it failed, it was like a burning star, falling from the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home