15 November 2006

Supplemental Employment?

As I mentioned last night, I applied Sunday to be a freelancer/correspondent for Jane's Information Group. This morning, before I went to work, I got an E-Mail from a Jane's representative saying he'd be interested in talking to me. We spoke on the phone for about eight minutes, and he's forwarded my cover letter and CV to another representative in another divison of the company.

I'm not looking to relocate or switch jobs; at least, not yet. What I am looking to do is use my spare time to do things that will help me stay ambitious and competitive. Working for Jane's, in any capacity, would give me experience in precisely what I want to do: defense and intelligence analysis, not just on my own, but for an industry leader. Not only would it give me some great experience, but it would look great on paper, much like volunteering at Goldstone.

I'm not sure whether or not it will pan out; if it does, it'll be a great opportunity, and something to keep me productive. If it doesn't, I'll try again in three months with a slightly modified approach. Either way, it's encouraging to have actually gotten an E-Mail/call back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home