23 May 2007

The Fly's Natural Habitat

I arrived at the home of Gus and St. Jen on Saturday morning at 01:15, and it's been a non-stop party ever since... Well, maybe not, but I'm having a blast being home. The period from 31st December until 18th/19th May, at nearly five months, is the longest I've ever been away from home. I needed an opportunity to decompress and put the lightning back in the bottle, and here I am.

One thing I've done quite a bit of while I've been here is shopping. Conditions are better for doing so (particularly given that Hometown isn't Zoo Station, a veritable backwater, without the water, in the middle of nowhere); thus, I've been able to stock up on a few items, thus giving me the opportunity to cross them off of the hallowed Stuff Fly Wants list; in fact, one item got crossed off before it ever got a chance to be posted! Here's what I've picked up so far.

  • Eton/Grundig S350DL AM/FM/SW Radio
  • Tru-Spec Multicam Tactical Response Uniform (available through the Desert Rat)
  • Desert Ka-Bar Fighting/Utility Knife

    I haven't been as productive as I would have liked, but I've still seen a number of people.

  • Gus and St. Jen
  • Desert Rat Tim
  • the Socratic Society
  • Company Ink
  • Narcissa
  • Father Time

    The big thing is that it's been nice to have a bit of a breather. After a few more days, I think I'll be ready to head back to the desert and resume hard work while I continue to look at where I'm headed in life. In the mean time, I have a few things to accomplish while I'm here, so I'd best get moving.

    More later, folks. Stay tuned.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home