31 July 2009

AMF: News and Views

First, the news.

  • CNN: Fights at Iranian refugee camp leave 7 dead
  • BBC: How the humble Swiss Army Knife became an icon - Another article about the Swiss Army Knife. I tell you, they're most excellent.
  • BBC: Taliban urge Afghan poll boycott - Translation: the Taliban and those of their ilk hate democracy, and don't believe that people should be able to make their own decisions.
  • BBC: Algerian soldiers 'die in ambush'
  • Guardian: What happened to Arab science fiction? - This is an excellent op-ed, and asks the question that many in both the West and the Middle East continue to ask: what excuse does the Arab world have for being so far behind the curve compared to other cultures?
  • Times: Organic food has no health beneftis, FSA study finds - I still love this story.

    So, as I mentioned, this has been a long and arduous week, and last night was no exception. Between spurning an invitation by a hot girl I grew up with to join her pyramid scheme, and addressing some points that Father Time made over the E-mail, I wound up swamped. (I may consult with Father Time on the prospect of posting some of our E-mail traffic, because he's quite entertaining, and we discuss some substantive issues.) I look forward to a bit of relaxation this weekend, coupled with a bit more productivity than this week afforded me. I once again have high hopes for next week, and I hope that things will calm down in the interim.

    In the mean time, have a fantastic weekend, folks.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home