28 August 2009

AMF: Royal Marines in Afghanistan

Hey, folks. It's Friday, and I spent much of Thursday evening working on the Grand Unified Theory of Awesome. I'm a planner, it's part of my nature. I enjoy crunching numbers, I enjoy putting a plan together to exacting specifications, even if I know that it won't survive first contact with the enemy. I'm also at a bit of a personal impasse, one that I've discussed at some length with Father Time, Sam-Wise, and a number of others. I have some big goals for the next few years of my life, and rather than try to make them happen all at once, I'm entering a planning phase in order to set out the baby steps that I'll need to implement in order to achieve my goals. The Grand Unified Theory of Awesome will, I hope, encompass all of it, and give me a good idea of exactly what I must do to facilitate those goals in the coming months.

Thus, in lieu of a formal post, this week's AMF is the five parts of a documentary about the Royal Marines in Afghanistan that was made in 2006. The Royal Marines are always fascinating, and it's particularly interesting to see this documentary (made in 2006) through the lens of current events down-range.











Have an excellent weekend, and check in Monday for more from yours truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home