13 November 2009

AMF: Rainy Day Recess

Some of you may know that my area of Virginia - well, basically, like half of the Atlantic coast - got hit by a pretty big storm last night. The language of "like a Category 1 Hurricane" is being thrown around, as the high tides, flooding, and strong winds were in some ways equivalent to those in a hurricane. They sent us home from work yesterday morning, so I spent most of yesterday at Van Diemen's Station. You'd think that would result in a fantastic blog post.

You would be wrong.

Here's a list of what I did yesterday, instead of writing up a blog post for yesterday's news:

  • ate leftover Tuna Helper
  • drank beer from the Pacific Northwest, and tea
  • watched A Fistful of Dollars from start to finish, without my limping laptop to distract me
  • chatted on Facebook with friends (my power didn't even start blinking until I'd gone to bed)
  • read a chapter from Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le CarrĂ©
  • went to bed to the sound of unusually clear reception from the Voice of Justice (Iran), without actually perceiving much of it

    So, that's it for today. Check in Monday for more, and have a great weekend.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home