31 December 2004

Calling All Wealthy Twits

That Paris Hilton, she's all class.

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- The pink carpet was rolled out, the pink spotlights danced through the crisp night air of downtown Orlando, and everything seemed in place for the opening of Paris Hilton's first nightclub.

Missing, notably: One pink-loving hotel heiress.

Hilton arrived six hours behind schedule -- after many guests had left. At least she had an heiress-appropriate excuse handy.

"I was in the Swiss Alps skiing and I got caught at the airport with all the holiday travel so I've been trying to travel for the past 24 hours," a smiling Hilton said after stepping out of a stretch SUV in front of the club shortly after 1 a.m. Friday.

I can not wait until Paris Hilton's fifteen minutes of fame are finished. She's a representation of everything that's wrong with American culture today, and she sets a poor example of our society.

In my opinion, she is an example of exactly why God allows pain in this world. Paris Hilton has never needed anything in her entire life. She's never worked for anything, save for that travesty of a television show that she was on; she didn't even work there, she failed at every task given to her. She has no appreciation for pain, or for the value of the things she has.

I've been handed a lot of things in my life, but I've also worked hard, I've suffered, and I've often had to do without for one reason or another. Because of those experiences of pain, loss, and want, I'm a better person than I would have been otherwise. It almost pains me to see someone so shallow and spoiled that they'd consistently pull this kind of nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home