16 January 2005

Spooks Update

I spent part of the evening, including the 22:00 hour, at a friend's place, so I taped the new episode of Spooks. I just finished watching it (after all, I couldn't just go to bed when I got home, could I?), and Tom Quinn, played by Matthew MacFadyen, has just left the series. It's very unfortunate, if you ask me; yes, it's natural to sympathize with the lead character, but I genuinely liked him, I could identify with his frustrations.

Zoe Reynolds (played by Keeley Hawes, very nice) and Danny Hunter (played by David Oyelowo) are also slated to leave during the course of this season. They seem to have seeded Zoe's departure in this second episode of the new series, as she's begun dating some obnoxious photographer. I hate to see any of the three of them go; they're the three central characters, and to have the three of them go, all during the third season when the program is just getting off the ground, is frustrating. The new character, Adam Carter, is promising, but my guess is that this means they'll be replacing or shifting all three principal characters in the same season, and that's a tough shift to pull off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home