19 February 2005

Big Chicom Army

The U.S. government and our Japanese allies will address the problem of China's growing military.

I was in the Navy in 2001 when Lieutenant Shane Osborn made an emergency landing on Hainan Island after a Chinese F-8 fighter harassed and then collided with his EP-3E Aries surveillance plane. Both before and after, all the way up until a bunch of Islamofascist murderers rammed planes into buildings, my shipmates and I agreed that our most likely enemy in the future would be China.

I'm not positive of that anymore, but a lot of China's policies worry me. I don't care for their "one nation, two systems" policy, which basically amounts to stifling democracy in Macau and Hong Kong in direct violation of legally binding treaties. I don't care for China's policy of "reunification" (read: conquest) of Taiwan. I'm very suspicious of China's policy of buying dollars like it's going out of style. I'm especially distrustful of recent Israeli and European attempts to sell advanced weapons technology with China.

China doesn't yet have the military technology to challenge the West, but they have more than enough capacity to make things in Asia very difficult for the West and downright nasty for our close allies. These allied nations include Japan, Taiwan, Mongolia, Singapore, et cetera.

It's worth keeping an eye on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home