28 February 2005

The Failure of Bureaucracy

Just a quick gripe to start off the week (and maybe this is a bad omen); at least it's from Friday.

Remember that midterm from Class 1 that I turned in three days late? Well, I went into the department, knowing full well that Professor Fashion Challenged wasn't in his office. I get there to find that only the department secretary is there. Now, the department secretary who was there when I started nearly five years ago was awesome. Then she retired near the end of my junior year, and was replaced by an alumnus of the university. She quit last year, and was replaced over the summer by a real dim bulb who I hear isn't very personable; I've been unimpressed with her at every point that I've interacted with her.

Anyway, so I took in my paper at 16:15 and said that I wanted her to sign off on the date and time, and then hand it off to Professor Fashion Challenged.

"Actually, I think Doctor Fashion Challenged has left for the day."

Really? Those are some superior powers of deduction there, ma'am.

"Yes, I realize that, I just don't want him to come in on Monday and dock me points for turning it in then when I turned it in on Friday. It's already late."

"Oh, okay."

So she walked into the back room where the mail boxes are. What a tool. Anyway, I have things to accomplish; I'll check through the news once I get to campus in a couple of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home