15 February 2005

Read and Listen

Okay, so you remember those books that you read while you listened to a corresponding tape when you were a little kid? Well, I've just spent the last thirty-six minutes listening to the Quran and reading it. It's especially interesting to be listening to and reading two different translations, but it forces me to pay attention.

I'm going to be quite honest. The Quran is tedious reading, and it's easy to get side-tracked. It's not much less tedious to listen to it, though whoever's reading it on this site has a very majestic voice that's easy to listen to.

Not surprisingly, my small lunch hasn't kept me full for very long. I'm tempted to go home now, but there are some other things that I should really accomplish before I leave. In fact, I should probably do at least one more of these recordings so that I can tell Dr. Clean that I've been doing the necessary work to catch up. In case you missed it, I finished an entire book (mostly pictures, but still a lot of text) this weekend for that course. It's an independent study, reading and conference style: I read and take notes, and he doesn't force me to write a paper or anything.

I have to, at the very least, spend some time without these abominable headphones on my head, so I'm going to check the news and see if anything worth posting has happened in the past few hours. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home