21 March 2005

A Psalm of Drosophilus

You allow me to rise up; you permit my ascendance
You stand alongside me, and watch me as I grow in pride
Watching me, waiting, observing as I become consumed with myself
You give me the desires of my heart

In my hubris, you allow me to walk into my own defeat
You watch and wait as those things most precious to me
Are swept away, as a flood sweeps away a house of planks
You strike me down; You bring me low

I am altered; like a silver mirror, I am a shattered man
You allow my enemies to pursue and harangue me
Though they harass and intimidate me, my faith remains
My fatigue overcomes my core, but my spirit endures

And because I refuse to forsake You and myself, I receive my reward
And that reward is to be struck deaf and dumb
You blind me with your brilliance, you appear in my path
And you refine the broken pieces into something greater than before

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home