31 March 2005

Where's the Fly?

Between 15:00 and 15:50 PST, I was handling/learning how to disassemble an M16A2 assault rifle. Suh-weet. One of these days I'll find an excuse for someone to snap a picture of me in my British utilities so you wankers can see what they look like.

Right now I'm at work, and I have a story due in less than six hours for the independent campus newspaper. I'm going to write it on recent developments in foreign policy with relation to China. I'll probably post it here, as I've done with several of my other stories.

Anyay, here's the story. I've started writing up a lengthy response to Lee's long post from last night, but I'm not happy with it at this point. Tomorrow, when I have more time and I'm at a better computer, I can put some real time and thought into it. I think this will have two benefits. First, instead of having to quote Lee's original post, my reply will be more of an essay; this should make it more internally coherent. Second, it should be shorter.

I'll just say this up front, and it won't surprise anyone: I don't completely disagree with some of the things Lee has to say; that having been said, I think he's blown a lot of it out of proportion. Some of what he's had to say is just plain nonsense, and some of it's hypocritical nonsense. Even so, Lee's brought up some points that are worth addressing on their own in stand-alone posts, so in the next week I'll be writing a couple of individual essays to give my two cents on some of these issues.

Right now, though, I'm going to do a once-over of the news, since I haven't had a chance to do so since Monday. If I find anything good, I'll post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home