21 April 2005

Journalistic Integrity? Ha!

Every time I post something from MSN, I make a careful point of noting that most of what they decide to put up on their site is absolute useless nonsense; sometimes that's even what I post from them, just to demonstrate such. But this one is pretty entertaining, because it's true.

I've been involved in journalistic endeavours of one sort or another since I was fourteen, and I'm almost twenty-three. It always astounds me (and sometimes entertains me as well) how any journalist will tell you to your face that they have integrity, and that they're objective; then they'll go off and print a story without having fully researched it, or they'll post lies and half-truths "for the greater good." Or they'll gaff off and get caught, like two of the folks mentioned in the linked article.

Ahhhhh, journalism. What an entertainment it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home