27 May 2005

Nerd On The Attack

Before you read this, keep in mind the following:

  • I'm a nerd, but I'm a repentant one, even if I can't overcome the behavior.
  • I should really be working on overdue/almost due term papers right now.

    These things having been said, I shall now answer the following comment from the lovely Manda.

    That actor guy, whose name I can't remember. Animaniacs had a character like him, too, who was an actor and a director. Him and Frink sound exactly alike.

    Bascially, Frink isn't an original character. He's a rip off.

    Au contraire, my friend. Prepare to be corrected. (Again, I'm so sorry, I can't stop myself.)

    Professor Frink's first appearance was in the episode Old Money, which was first broadcast in 1991. According to the Internet Movie Database, Animaniacs didn't hit the airwaves until 1993.

    Reading through the IMDB's page about the Animaniacs, it appears that there was a character called Dr. Otto Scratchensniff, who may be your alleged Frink doppelganger. I can't find a mirror to Ranier Wolfcastle/"McBane" or Troy McClure, though Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson, Nelson Muntz, Todd Flanders, Ralph Wiggum, Kearney, et cetera) and Tress MacNeille (Jimbo Jones, Agnes Skinner, et cetera) were both regular voices on Animaniacs.

    Can you give me any more to work on on that actor/director character? You've got me intrigued on that one.

    (Again, I'm so sorry that I did this. I need help.)
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home