30 May 2005

Super Fly Sunday

What a day.

I arranged yesterday to meet up with a buddy of mine during the hour preceding my time at work. He was one of my apprentices/co-hosts last year on my radio show, and he ("McFly") and the other guy ("LP") and I did some outstanding sketches, most of them ripped directly off from either Saturday Night Live or Monty Python. I'll easily remember those nights as some of the best of my college experiences. At any rate, McFly transferred down to a Christian school in California last year, so I've exchanged a grand total of one E-Mail with him since then. Today we got to hang out for a good hour and a half as he was on his way down to the Bay Area. I got to tell him all about England, and hear about what he'd been up to this year down in Los Angeles. It's lousy to see him headed back down there, maybe for good, but I'm glad that we've reestablished contact.

I had intended to get some work done on the Mormonism paper while I was down at work, but I wound up spending a good four hours playing RuneScape. What do I have to show for my day at work? I advanced about four craft levels, and can now make leather armor and leather chaps. Yeah, I know; not impressive.

What's on for tonight? Well, there was a theater movie in 2002 called The Transporter that's been picked up by FX, so I'm watching that. I'll also be working on the Mormonism paper, or maybe outlining the Agricola paper as a change of pace. Then, tonight, my favorite comedian has a special premiere on Comedy Central: Norm MacDonald has either a special, or a series premiere of Back to Norm. Advert highlights?

"Why pay for the cow, when you can have sex with many cows for free!"

And who could forget...

"Honey, do you even know what a threesome is? A threesome is me and two other guys!"

I'm all over that. I saw Norm live down at [Rival University] at the end of my freshman year of college, so it's ironic that now, two weeks before I graduate, he'd be doing a new special. The whole "full circle" thing, and all that.

How's your weekend been? And what are you doing tomorrow to celebrate Memorial Day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home