24 June 2005

Stalling the Investigators

Apparently the United Nations, and their BBC mouthpiece, are claiming that the American government is "stalling" on their request to visit the detainees at Guantanamo bay. The American government has issued the appropriately diplomatic statement, saying that they're continuing to consider the U.N.'s request. Where do I stand on the issue? Well, let's first consider the money shot:

The UN says it has evidence that torture has taken at the prison amid reports that 520 inmates have had mental breakdowns.

I don't know about you, folks, but it seems to me that the U.N. has already made up its mind what's happening at Gitmo, and no amount of evidence or investigation will change their minds. If it were me in charge, I'd tell the U.N. to get bent.

Maybe when I'm older and wiser, I'll be more diplomatic in such situations. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home