21 July 2005

Dead Stuff

This is about the coolest thing I've seen an extremely long time. My dad did a lot of recreational fishing and duck hunting when I was a kid, and as I've gotten older he's turned to hunting game animals like deer, elk, bear, and even a cougar. Essentially, I've seen a lot of taxidermied work, from the antlers of my first deer, to the hide of the elk in the picture

Now that my dad's taxidermist buddy has moved out of state, he takes all of his work to a taxidermist in Wyoming whenever he's out that way. This guy's a really talented taxidermist, an artist even, and dad has actually taken a couple of old dear mounts to him to have them fixed, since he didn't like them the way they'd been done originally

I can tell you for a fact that whoever did these mounts is definitely an artist, and they take a lot of pride in their work. My guess is that if this person doesn't get too wrapped around the pole as an "artist", they could probably do some of the best taxidermy work I've ever seen

Anyway, time to get ready for class. Stay out of trouble, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home