20 July 2005

Movies 2005

Okay, is it just me, or is Hollywood totally and completely out of ideas? Let's review a few of this year's Summer "blockbusters".

  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a sub-standard remake of a thirty year old children's classic.
  • Fantastic Four, a remake of a comic book.
  • War of the Worlds, a remake of the H.G. Wells novel, the Orson Welles radio drama, et al.
  • Bewitched, a remake of a 1960's situation comedy.
  • The Bad News Bears, a remake of an attrocious 1970's/1980's movie series.

    I've never had any interest in the Harry Potter books, but I have to admit a sense of joy to know that the entire box office take of this weekend didn't even match the sales figures for the first weekend of the new Harry Potter book. I'm absolutely stoked to see The Island on Friday, and I may very well treat myself to Wedding Crashers, but overall, I'm becoming more and more dissatisfied with the tripe that Hollywood is churning out. As long as they give us crap, I'll continue ignoring it. I hope you folks will do the same.

    (By the way, they need to make the sequel to Master and Commander... Also based on a preexisting book.)
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home