26 September 2005

Butch Dead

No, this isn't a post about lesbian necrophilia like you might find on a liberal blog. It's a post about the death of one of the Little Rascals, whose character's name was 'Butch'.

And do you know what it reminds me of? What else! The Simpsons!

[Link]

Barney: Whoa! You mean, you were one of the original Little Rascals
Moe: Yeah.
Homer: Which one were you? The ugly one? [Moe glares] Were you the ugly one?
Moe: No, I was the tough kid, Smelly. My shtick was looking into an exhaust pipe and getting a faceful of soot. Nobody could do that better than me. Of course, it was kind of hard to think of reasons for me to look in that exhaust pipe every time, but, you know -- we had good writers. William Faulkner can write an exhaust pipe gag that would really make you think.
Barney: If you were such a big shot, why aren't you still making movies? Moe? Moe!
[Moe thinks back to an episode where the Little Rascals are
playing marbles]
[he flicks one away; it bounces into an exhaust pipe]
Moe: Oh, no! My favorite aggie!
[Alfalfa runs off, looks in the exhaust pipe]
[the car starts and blows soot in his face]
Moe: [smashing Alfalfa's head into the ground] You stole my bit! That's my bit... Ooh! Ooh! You stole my bit!
Man: Cut! Oh my God! He's killed the original Alfalfa.
Moe: [in the present] Yeah. Luckily, Alfalfa was an orphan owned by the studio.
Denizens: Oh! I see. That makes sense.

And what about this episode with guest star Leonard Nimoy?

Quimby: And now, I'd like to turn things over to our Grand Marshall, Mr. Leonard Nimoy.
Nimoy: I'd say this vessel could do at least Warp Five.
[appreciative laughter from the crowd]
Quimby: And let me say, "May the Force Be With You!"
Nimoy: [annoyed] Do you even know who I am?
Quimby: [indignant] I think I do. Weren't you one of the Little Rascals?

Ahhhh, yes. God bless the Simpsons... Er, the Little Rascals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home