23 September 2005

MacGyver Goes Bad

Okay, so I'm watching an old episode of MacGyver entitled "The Gun", and it's really pissing me off. Here are a few of my objections.

  • We all know that MacGyver dosn't like guns; what I don't like is the dressing down he gives to the arms dealer (who's manufacturing AK-47's in the United States? What's that all about?), talking about a well-regulated militia, et cetera. I am my own well-regulated militia, ladies and gentlemen.
  • The premise of the episode revolves around a famous, rare gun. It's accidentally used to kill a cop, and when a crazed anarchist from "the Middle East" sees it on the news, he tells the aforementioned arms dealer to get it for him, or the existing deal for the AK-47's is off. The guy's name is "Rachid Zamora", but guess what: he's the stereotypical Jew. That's right, folks: a Jewish anarchist buying a massive shipment of AK-47 assault rifles.

    I like MacGyver, I think it was a good show, even if it was in the dark ages of 1980's television writing. I mean, you can only get away with so many episodes where MacGyver and the Phoenix Foundation help underprivileged inner-city kids before it gets old. And I don't know how many environmentalist episodes they had. Because we all know that lumber companies aren't given enough oversight, and are constantly breaking the law.

    Anyway.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home