17 March 2006

Fly Gets a Temporary Job

So, if you were to say to yourself, "That would be a perfect temporary job for Fly," what would that job be? Well, here's the situation.

I have an excellent relationship with the guy who runs the surplus store in College City. When I was leaving for England in 2004, I made a deal with him to bring him back some military bits and pieces from the United Kingdom, and if I ever go back over I have a good relationship with both him and the local surplus store in my English stomping grounds, so that I can facilitate a trade between the two stores.

I had put an item on consignment at his shop to try and unload it, and he called today to let me know that he'd sold it... And that he wondered if I wanted to work for him. He's got a National Guard guy who works for him, and the guy has to do his annual training in the next month or so. So, knowing that I'm looking for money to help facilitate the upcoming move, wherever it is, he figured he'd call me first.

I'll be work a total of five or six days, at the wage that I get at my normal job. It's not huge, but it'll be fun, I can probably use him as a reference after this, and it'll get me a little bit more money to help facilitate the transition to the next chapter of my life.

Pretty friggin' sweet, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home