22 March 2006

The Infamous List

I'm poised to accomplish something for a third day in a row that, until Monday, I hadn't accomplished literally in months: I am poised to accomplish everything on my "To Do" list. Each day (save for the weekend, which is lumped together) has the following items:

  • PT
  • Bible
  • News
  • Read
  • Write

    Additional items such as social engagements, work, and errands or special tasks are listed as necessary. Today's list includes both work and polishing my dress shoes. Here's how things are going so far:

  • PT (probably a long walk, possibly a bike ride)
  • Bible (Amos 4, already read already)
  • News (Fox, CNN, BBC, AFP SpaceWar, all of them scanned)
  • Read (The Problem of Pain chapter four, "Human Wickedness", already read already)
  • Write (could be a letter, could be some work on one of my other writing projects)
  • Work (17:00 to 20:00 at the office, should be low impact)
  • Polish Dress Shoes (completed; combat boots were polished Monday night)

    So there you have it, folks. Seven items, more than half of which are done. Good to go? Good to go. It's great to have that kind of motivation again, and every day that I accomplish everything on my list, I have that much more motivation to do it again the next day. For what it's worth, I make this list out pretty much every week on a 3"x5" note card. I have a shit ton of old ones sitting around. Even so, I'm still not as nerdy as this wanker.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home