07 April 2006

Busy Fly Requests Roast

Wow. Two Fly Reports in a row. That doesn't happen very often.

As a result of bad directions, I spent about an hour yesterday trying to find the lab where I was supposed to do my urinalysis. They said that the lab was east of the freeway, when it was actually about four miles west of the freeway; all of this in Capital City, which I've spent no appreciable amount of time in during the course of my nearly twenty-four years. At any rate, I passed, and my medical questionnaire has been cleared by the company's occupational nurse, so I'm good to go; all I have to do is show up with my birth certificate, photo identification, and proof of car insurance.

Speaking of cars, we're looking for a different vehicle for me. Chariot I has served its purpose well, but it's got two hundred thousand miles on it, and I'd be surprised if it could make it to Barstow, let alone make the eighty mile commute every day. There are car pools, van pools, et cetera, but on occasion I'm going to have to drive that run by myself, and I need a reliable vehicle. With a need for some degree of utility, along with a desire for acceptable fuel economy, we're looking at used Chevy Trailblazers, Dodge Durangos, Subaru Outbacks, and a Nissan X-Terra thrown in for good measure. The vehicle's name has not yet been determined, though I have some ideas.

I'm also looking at getting a new computer. The bid that I got from a local outfit was much higher than I'd expected, so I'm looking at Best Buy for an eMachines... Uh... Machine. If things go according to plan, Poosh might even get that Flycast he was hoping for a week or so ago.

The departure date has been moved back to Thursday the twentieth, as I'm not going to have to report for work until the twenty-fifth. That lets me get a few more hours worked so that I'll have at least a bit of pay coming in at the end of the month to keep me going. I've got some money saved up, but a lot of that is going to disappear in the next couple of weeks with a new car, a new computer, a new apartment... Well, basically a new life. It will also take some pressure off me when it comes to packing, getting a hold of equipment, and seeing friends one last time before I leave.

Father Time has taken to "roasting" me, which gave me an idea. Remember this invitation? Well, I figure that a great way for you folks to have fun while I'm offline for a few days would be to expand Father Time's roast. Thus, those who qualify can feel free to poke fun at me, roast style, on my own turf. Of course, everyone who gets the opportunity will be a trusted friend, known for their discretion. If anyone's more interested now than they were before, they can E-Mail me or leave a comment indicating just that.

Right then. Time for food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home