11 June 2006

The Fly: Bachelor Interior Decorator

This is my first day off in two weeks, and it begins a period in which I have eight out of nine days off. So far, I have used the day to get some much-needed sleep, go grocery shopping, and do something that's been waiting to be done since I arrived in Barstow: decorating my apartment.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've had knick-knacks sitting on my trunk and on another shelf thing that I bought, but the walls have been entirely bare. I brought a number of posters with me, and this afternoon I finally put a few of them up. Here are the highlights.

In the living room:
  • The Brilliant Earth (night)
  • The Earth from Space (day*)
  • U2 albums poster

    In the kitchen:
  • A Bold Bluff by Cassius Coolidge

    On the hall closet door:
  • Mark Twain playing pool

    More decorations may come as time goes on; as I think I've mentioned, I don't want to get too settled here. This is a temporary situation, even if it increases in duration beyond my initial plan. For now, these few decorations I've put up will be more than sufficient, I think.

    I can't believe I've been in Barstow for seven weeks already. This year is going to go by quickly, and for that I'm thankful.

    * This isn't the same poster that I have; mine looks a bit more professional, with a classy white border.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home