30 June 2006

The Triumphant Return

Hey folks!

Since my job requires me to spend most federal holidays out in the field (for example, Memorial Day of this year was literally spent in a hole in the desert; I dug the hole myself!), the Company's policy is to give us all of our federal holidays in two one-week blocks. The first of these is the first week of July, and the second is at the end of December. Thus, given a paid week and a half off, I have made a triumphant return to Hometown.

I'll be here for a week, and fly back to Vegas and return to Barstow next Thursday. I will be able to celebrate three wonderful days at home while I'm here, all in a row: my favorite Holiday (Independence Day), my birthday, and payday. Suh-weet!

Also, I'm extremely excited, because the first three words of this post over at Free Will Blog indicate to me that one of my favorite bloggers, Aaron, reads my stuff, at least occasionally. "Sweet merciful glaven" is a phrase I coined in 1979 when I was touring with Steppenwolf. Well, actually, I think it was more like Summer of 2005, but that's not the point*.

At any rate, I'll try to do Fly Reports next week, but there's no telling just what the next week will bring. If I don't post much, or at all, for days on end, don't be alarmed; I'm just squeezing every possible moment out of my time in a location that doesn't start sucking the life out of me every time I wake up.

* The whole "glaven" thing comes from Professor John Frink on The Simpsons. I also say, sometimes, "for crying out glaven", but I found out that Frink actually did use a similar phrase: "for glaven out loud". So, there you have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home