12 October 2006

Arrival

I left Zoo Station at 06:50 yesterday and arrived in Hometown at about 11:05 last night. Sixteen hours, one urination break, two fuel stops, many phone calls, and about twelve albums later, and I have four (or five) days to decompress after my deployment, and before I go back for more.

The plan at this point is to spend tonight at my folks' cabin near the ocean. I think I can probably spend some time on the Internet there, and make a couple of blog posts; I'm chomping at the bit to post some things (I was sending myself links the whole time I was deployed), so it's about time I got down to it.

More later; I promise!

By the way - "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking appears to be a great book, but I think it's probably tougher to fully grasp without the illustrations, and nearly impossible to fully grasp in audio at about 21:30 when you've been driving for about thirteen hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home