23 September 2006

Deployment Update

Hey folks,

At this point, I've been out on deployment for about eight full days. I can't comment on matters of business; all I can say is that my current location is a welcome change from the Mojave, even if it's temporary. I miss trees, grass, and humidity; however, the level of humidity I'm currently experiencing is in excess of acceptable, so that part of things is kind of a wash.

During my down time, I've been doing a lot of reading (I finished Diamonds are Forever a couple of days ago and I'm hoping to finish A Bloody Business by the end of today). I also bought and watched Lord of War the other night; although I didn't agree with the political angle that it took, I enjoyed it, and I'd recommend it to action fans.

I ordered on Monday, and received yesterday, my khaki Range Vest from Crye Precision. And, due to some supply mix-ups, and because I've been looking at them anyway, I'm thinking about ordering a Garmin eTrex GPS. As a matter of fact, I can get it twenty bucks cheaper on Amazon than I can get it at Wal Mart; thank God for blogging, which led me to this information in the first place.

I look forward to doing some serious blogging once I'm back at Zoo Station; hopefully they'll give us a few days off once we're back, and from there I can A) vegetate and B) blog up a storm. I hope everyone's doing well; feel free to E-Mail me or ring my mobile, if you're special enough to have access to either.

Si vis pacem, para bellum,
The Fly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home