24 October 2006

Fly Report Addition

For the first time in quite a while, I've made a change to the Fly Report that everyone has come to know and... Well, I have no clue if you folks love it, but you at least know it. At any rate, since I started the Fly Report, I've been doing daily updates on the Astronomy Picture of the Day. I've changed the format; I'll still say whether it's cool or lame, but I won't have both listed every day and highlight one, I'll just have the one that's appropriate for the given day. Why? Well, this is TSTF, so I'll tell you!

One of my favorite features on the Internet is the Orkneyjar Photoblog, which is operated by Sigurd Towrie at his website. I was in Orkney for about a few days back in September of 2004, and absolutely fell in love with the place. I can honestly say that I have never seen a picture at Sigurd's blog that I didn't like; however, sometimes he'll go a couple of weeks without updating it. The Fly Report will now link to the Orkneyjar Photoblog, and inform intrepid readers whether or not the photo is new (posted within one day) or not. And, aside from today's outstanding photo, I'd like to post this photo of Maeshowe in snow and sunset; it's one of my favorite pictures of Sigurd's.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home