13 October 2006

The River

I spent last night at my parents' cabin, watched "The Punisher" with my dad, and showed him some of my new field gear. Yesterday I went to see the Desert Rat, who equipped me with some great equipment (including that sand/black shemagh I've been wanting, and another tan SAW Pouch from Spec Ops Brand). Today it's lunch with Father Time and dinner with Mormon Buddha and his lovely wife.

One of the things that I got at the Desert Rat's shop was a Spec Ops Brand Mini Cargo Pocket Organizer. I carry around an actual planner instead of a PDA, and I'm pretty excited to use one of these to keep my planner protected from the elements, in addition to carrying pens and other items. I also snagged a 4x6 field notebook for it by Rite in the Rain. I've seen Rite in the Rain products for years, but I'm excited to actually put one through its paces out in the desert.

I have a lot to fit into just a few days, including Gus and St. Jen's wedding, Gus's bachelor party, and meetings with various friends. I absolutely love coming home, although I have to admit that after living at Zoo Station (which is more of a forward operating base than a home), and being deployed for a month, coming back to Hometown doesn't actually feel quite like home anymore. To be quite honest, I feel a bit homeless right now; on the other hand, when you're unsettled, unattached, and unencumbered, it can give you the capacity to do some amazing things. I feel big things coming... More on those later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home