31 December 2006

The 2007 Approach

Today is the last day of 2006. Every year is an eventful year in world events; this has been an especially eventful year for me. In a lot of ways, I feel as if I'm barely recognizable when compared to the intrepid blogger whose last post of 2005 was a Fly Report.

I intend to be slightly more ambitious in 2007, and that includes blogging. As part of my continuing ambitions, I'm hoping to use TSTF as a vehicle for expanding my own understanding and awareness of international news, political, and security issues. However, this is only one of several ambitious projects I'm hoping to embark upon in the coming weeks.

Having spent roughly thirteen days in my old stomping grounds, I'm preparing tonight to head back to Zoo Station in the morning; I hope to write more on this in the coming days. I've not yet completed my list of resolutions for the upcoming year, but I intend to post these no later than the evening of 01st January 2006. In the mean time, I hope that everyone who reads this post will take the time to leave a few of their goals and ambitions for the upcoming year in the comments section. I'm honestly curious to see what each of you plan to do with the new year.

In retrospect, 2006 was a very difficult and trying year for me in every aspect; that having been said, I believe that true greatness comes from our responses to the challenges we encounter. Am I saying that I've become truly great? Yes... Which is to say, I'm more satisfied with the person I am now than I was a year ago. Calendar year 2006 now stands as a completed challenge, and I anticipate many more rewarding challenges as we enter 2007.

Stay tuned, folks; the best this Fly has to offer is yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home