07 December 2006

Recent Activity

A few things, just to keep y'all informed.

A few weeks ago I noted that I'd bought a Grundig shortwave radio. On Tuesday evening, I was able to pick up Radio Deutsche Welle, based in Bonn, Germany and China Radio International based in Beijing while I had some down time at work. I know it's simple science, but I still think it's astonishing. Previously, I've picked up Radio Australia (consistently), Voice of America News, Radio Japan, and various stations in Chinese, Japanese, French, Spanish, and even one in Arabic.

Last night on my way back to Zoo Station, I drove through Goldstone and took some pictures of some of the dishes. I took the film to Walmart and tried to get it developed in an hour. Big mistake. They developed the film, and in their limited experience (and intelligence), they didn't look at the actual negatives, only what was on the screen. I'll admit that the pictures wound up being overexposed (which is good, it gives me some information to work with for my second attempt), but honestly: look at the friggin' negative. So I looked at the negatives, told them that I could see exactly what was supposed to be on there, and could they just print the pictures anyway and I'd pay for them. Is that so terribly difficult?

When I was at Walmart last night, I bought a few things; a couple of things were purchased again when I went to pick up the (finally) finished pictures today. I bought Team America: World Police and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. I also picked up a new kettle (mine's going under, and doing it fast), two pairs of pajama pants (sweet merciful glaven, these are going to save my life this winter), and two zip-up hooded sweatshirts.

Well, that's all I can think of for now, but I'd just like to reiterate: sometimes, I can't believe how much I rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home