05 December 2006

When Parents Visit

How ironic that the Onion would have this blurb up during the week in which my parents come to visit and see my flat for the first time since they helped me move all of my stuff in. Luckily, my rent is lower, and my flat is bigger, than the guy in the article stub.

In addition to my Xchair, which arrived late last week (and will be reviewed by the end of the week), my parents brought me a La-Z-Boy and a four-pack of Guinness logo pint glasses. For my part, I was able to show them around base and take them through to see the dishes at Goldstone, and pay for dinner. That's a great feeling.

I'm getting ready now to have a pre-work breakfast with my dad before I leave for work and the parents leave for Las Vegas. More tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home