16 February 2007

A Tiny Glimmer

I'm not big on holidays in general, or Valentine's Day in particular. However, I got a card from my parents in the mail last night that really helped after a long, long day, and this is my forum for sharing it. The message written inside read:

Dear [Fly],
We continue to love you no matter what things you call and say to us.[*] You are a rock & we know you will survive. We send our love to you.
Love,
Mom & Dad

Now, the noted sentence should not be taken to mean that I call and cuss my parents out, or anything of that nature; my mom's not always great with words, and what she's referring to is when I call and complain about issues happening at work. My parents haven't yet completely come to terms with the fact that when I complain, it's not a crisis of epic proportions that they need to talk me down from, it's just me venting to them.

That prolific explanation having been completed, it's the second line that really made me smile. It feels pretty good to be told that your parents have confidence in your ability to survive untethered from them.

Okay, enough warm fuzzy emotion. Back to being a hard-ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home