25 May 2007

Ariadne Goads

I've been tagged by Ariadne. Here are the rules of the game:

1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

And now for my 8 random thingers--

1. I'm becoming a shortwave radio addict, which has recently led me to consider a career with the NSA.

2. I was a history major in college in large part because I'm terrible at math; not all math, mind you, and some types of math I can be an idiot savant at (geometry, money math), but anything theoretical or abstract (algebra, calculus) is like that old Roy Orbison song, "She's a Mystery to Me".

3. I love collecting military gear, most of which gets little or no use.

4. I was on the high school speech and debate team for four years, and the high school newspaper for three. When I got to college, I was as involved in extracurricular activities as anyone my advisor ever saw: NROTC, the Socratic Society, the History Club, the campus radio station, an alternative student newspaper, and I think there was some more.

5. I only drink coffee to be polite to people I really respect; I think that's been about twice since 2002, once for a retired Navy SEAL senior chief petty officer, and once for an Arab woman. Instead, I drink tea with milk and sugar; I use milk and sugar regardless of what type of tea I'm drinking.

6. I have a book addiction. I have between four and seven hundred books, probably leaning closer to the latter (in fact, it could be more).

7. I hate "losing" people I care about or whose company I enjoy. I continue to send post cards and E-Mails to tangental friends who I went to college with, or old co-workers, or the guy whose house I passed by in England every day on my way to work.

8. I love eighties music.

I'm supposed to "tag" eight people. Since Ariadne missed them, I'll get Anachronism and shamrock. I'll add to that Father Time, Mighty Mo, Bane (who probably won't see this and certainly won't respond), M@, Sarah Canuck, and Poosh, who is apparently dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home