09 August 2007

Before Wednesday Sleep

When I went to Fox News this morning to do my morning news check, I wasn't quite expecting their top story to give me a big picture of Adolf Hitler. That's a little bit much for 05:50.

I've been thinking lately about a website that Sarah Canuck sent me back when I was living at home. I finally found it: Letters at Large. Basically, this dude gets bored and writes these bizarre letters to companies and organizations. It's really hilarious, particularly his letter to the American Philatelic Society.

MSN/Newsweek has a feature, if you can call it that, where an author has interviewed gun owners, who have given sound bytes about why they own guns. The way the media approaches this, you'd think these folks had trenches, pre-ranged mortars, barbed wire, and fighting positions outside their homes.

For some reason, people are making a lot of noise lately about Kelly Clarkson, and about her weight in particular. I'd like to go on record as saying I think she looks great, I think she always has, and she's a welcome change from skin-covered skeletons like Paris Hilton - a welcome change in pretty much every way, actually.

I'm a bit surprised at the comments I've gotten lately. I put up a handful of hilarious 300-related videos, and the only comments I got were regarding my rant against John Mayer. To Father Time, I say: I've never heard more than a few seconds of Tom Waits singing, and that was on accident. The only song of his I ever heard was a Hootie and the Blowfish cover of "I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You", and I think it's a great song.

Peter, a distinguished patriot, noted the presence of the Maxim coffee table on the Stuff Fly Wants list. There's actually a simple explanation for this. When I was living in England, one of my co-workers had a coffin that he'd salvaged, and he'd put shelves in it, stood it up, and used it as a book case, so to speak. I've thought ever since then that a fully functional coffin would make an excellent table, at least for a long time; and after that, it could be used as my final bed. Morbid? Not really. Functional? Absolutely. Now, a $4000 Maxim Coffee Table might not be quite what I had in mind, but it's the closest thing on the actual market to what I was looking for at the time.

I need to go to bed. More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home