08 February 2008

Freitag in Februar

I spent three and a half hours writing an article yesterday about why Senator John McCain is not a liberal, and why those who have claimed that they won't vote for McCain, or would rather vote for Obama or Clinton, need to seriously consider what they're saying. Then, in the penultimate paragraph, my computer shut off. It was all gone. Every last word.

Bollocks.

The "economic stimulus" plan has been passed in Congress. My understanding is that I'll receive something on the order of $600 in four or five months, too little and too late to really do much help to the economy (tax cuts would have been good, tax rebates are a joke). I'm not sure what I'll do with the money, but I'm planning to invest some of my tax return money, so maybe I'll put it toward that purpose. This, ladies and gentlemen, is why we need John McCain sitting in the Oval Office.

Oh, by the way, remember my open letter from last week? Well, as I've been watching Spooks, I've discovered two things.

  • The reason that Amazon yanked the product is that disc three is defective - when you can get it to play, it's a repeat of disc two. Bollocks.
  • It's also shitty! Good drama, decent scripts, but whoever wrote it doesn't read the newspaper.

    The fact of the matter is that Mossad does not stage two raids on British security officers, particularly not in a single season. Mossad doesn't use Yemeni Jews to frame Arabs as terrorists and hostage takers - they don't need to, Arab terrorists do that all by themselves. I'll give the writers a modicum of credit for one or two reasonable scenarios, but honestly, environmentalists threatening to blow up the barriers that hold back high tide on the Thames estuary? Really? They couldn't do a better job for the fifth series cliffhanger than that? For crying out loud, they only do ten shows a year! Each episode is a full hour, but still! They couldn't have an al Qaeda, or Hezbollah, or Hamas cell taking hostages, or staging a repeat of the 7/7 bombings?

    Okay, time for your friendly neighborhood Super Fly to get ready for work. Have a great weekend, folks!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home