31 March 2008

Ancient History is Awesome!

Hey folks! Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend; I ended up spending Saturday evening with Butt Rubber, Olive Oil, Disc Golf Hero, and Disc Golf Wife at a Japanese steak house. The chef misheard someone's statement that it was my "first time" as it was my "birthday", so I had Happy Birthday sung to me, I got "leid" by a pretty Asian girl in a kimono, and there were some other fun things. Great success!

Okay, here are a few things. In the news, here's a story that shocked and impressed me: the Emirates and Jordan have troops in Afghanistan. They're tasked with assistance, but apparently some of them have exchanged fire with the Taliban on several occasions. This is a big deal. I'm going to say that again: this is a big deal. This is proof of coalition-building and multi-lateral operations on the part of the United States and her allies.

My video theme this week is fake or "banned" commercials... But I only have four of them, so I'm going to start off with something else. It's extremely inappropriate. Having been forewarned, enjoy!



I love CSI, so this really, really made me laugh when I saw it. I hope you folks enjoyed it.

As many of you know, I've studied classics now for a number of years. A number of people have asked me why I do it, and world-renowned historian Victor Davis Hanson has a blog post up explaining why he focuses on classics. Worth reading, very much worth reading.

Speaking of classics, it was five years ago today that I was in Rome with Friar Dave. One of the best places we visited that day was the Roman Forum, the most ancient area of the city, and that's your satellite image for today.

Okay, folks, time for me to make like REO Speedwagon and keep on rolling. Check back in tomorrow for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home