06 May 2008

Wherein The Fly is Brief

Sometimes I can't believe how much I rule. I don't have time to tap out the story yet, and I need to get permission from Miss Tina to tell it in the first place. That having been said... Sometimes I can't believe how much I rule.

I'm sure most of you would have been thrilled to read something substantive this morning from your most excellent host, The Fly. Unfortunately, inspired to keep writing by a recent acquaintance whose blog name isn't yet finalized, I spent most of the evening last night working on my spy novel, or کتاب مخابرات. (For those of you non-Arabic speakers, that's Kitab Mukhabarat.) I'm making some good progress, but I can only write so much in one day, which means that I've been posting less lately. If it's the choice of skipping a few blog posts, or not writing an actual novel, I'll skip a few blog posts. Tomorrow I'll post the second part (and maybe the first?) of my revised edition of "A Big Oily Mess", updated for 2008 from the original version from 2005 (linked below, in case you want to read up early).

One final note. I saw this article yesterday on MSN. Long-time readers will know that I loathe MSN - not to the degree that I loathe the Whore, may she be hit by a double-decker bus in God's mercy - but every now and again I find something useful on there. This article was very interesting, and in my case, very accurate. My beloved little brother, Twitley, got away with MURDER - drinking, smoking, skipping a month of his foreign language class - while I was twice threatened with grounding for getting home fifteen or twenty minutes late from church group meetings. I was essentially forced into college, while my brother was encouraged into nine months of mechanic school. Am I complaining? Only in that I feel like my brother should have been held to the high standard that I was. We've both turned out pretty good, very interesting given that we weren't raised extremely strictly, but I've certainly lived my life much straighter than he has. The bottom line, though, is that I found the article quite interesting and true to my experience; and when I mentioned it to my mother on the phone last night, she agreed with me. Isn't that something?

Awwww, hell, I'll just finish this post out now that it's this long. Video of the day? Hilarious:

And your satellite image for the day? Ehhhhh... How about Algiers.

Have a great day, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home