03 June 2008

Tuesday Top Ten

Today, I'm going to do a list of ten things that I'm thankful for.

10. Furious D gave me a teevee! The Great Material Continuum hasn't suffered a complete and total collapse, despite high energy prices and piss poor management by the baby boomers in Congress (may they retire sooner, rather than later). Suh-weet!

09. I've gotten to a much greater level of proficiency with technology, which helps me both in and away from the office. Most excellent!

08. I've finally made progress getting "moved into" my place, after more than ten months. If I move in July, then stuff is better organized and staged for a quick move. If I stick around, the place is just about ready to start entertaining friends. That's awesome! Definitely something to be thankful for.

07. I'm making excellent progress in both re-learning the Arabic I've lost over the last couple of years since I stopped taking formal training, and learning new words and content. I'm really excited and thankful about this, not only because it makes me feel like I'm exercising my mind, but because it will open up job opportunities in the future.

06. Years of training, practice, and study with respect to writing, geography, politics, foreign policy, and any number of other subjects are finally coming together into my two spy novels. This endeavour is currently fulfilling my need for a creative outlet, and may someday fulfill some level of financial need as well. Brilliant!

05. All of the money that various government entities owe me, save for the stupid government boondoggle payment, has arrived. I have plans for that money, and I'm excited to have access to it so that I can start using it for good things.

05. I have a job that challenges me, requires me to work hard and learn new concepts and skills, and gives me more dignity and stability than I had in my last job. That's a pretty big deal.

04. I don't have leprosy, or any other nastiness. Because of this, I'm well on my way to being healthy, both with respect to my skin and the blood and guts that are under my skin. This, dear friends, warrants much rejoicing.

03. Mighty Good Leader is still alive, despite having been extremely close to death a few weeks ago. On Sunday night, he led church home group at the hospital from a (temporary) wheelchair. That, dear friends, is inspiration.

02. I live in the greatest nation on God's green Earth. Despite all of our many flaws, we're still awesome, and there's hope that we'll continue that for a long time to come. Suck it, China!

01. يسوع هو الرحمه ، الرحمن الرحيم ، وحسن; Jesus is compassionate, merciful, and good. What more do you need?


If you're reading this, why not make a list of ten things you're thankful for? Post it in the comments section, or if you post it on your own blog/site, drop a link in the comments. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home