22 August 2008

Arbeit Macht Freitag... With Lumberjacks!

الحمد لله, it's Friday at last! And completely out of the blue, this is my four THOUSANDTH post! That's four with three zeroes behind it! Dirka dirka, Mohammed jihad! Bakalaka sherpa sherpa! Anyway, I hope everyone has something exciting planned for the weekend; I'll be writing, as usual. I may go buy a new pair of athletic shoes, as my current pair were purchased at the same time that I had my last dentist appointment and my last optometrist appointment: Summer of 2004! Anyway, on with the show.

A couple of days ago, I posted a video of Monty Python's "The Last Supper" as performed within the online fantasy game RuneScape. Today, I'm following it up with another Monty Python song set to RuneScape: The Lumberjack Song. If you've never heard the song, give it a listen... A careful listen!



Awesome. And, as you'll notice, that particular video coincides with the random quote from today's Fly Report.

Have you ever wanted to smack someone upside the head with a wooden plank for claiming that 9/11 was a government conspiracy? Well, assault no more, and send them to the Popular Mechanics site Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report. If they're not big on reading (as most of the people who claim that it was a conspiracy aren't), send them to the podcast - that's right, they have an excellent podcast that's a little bit longer than an hour. Also, if they are readers, you might send them to the report on the subject form the National Institute of Standards and Technology. I'm in favor of pretty much gutting most of the government in order to decrease government spending and allow for the lowering of taxes, but NIST is quickly becoming one of the handful of federal agencies I'd keep around if I had my way.

Alright, folks, time for me to get rolling for the day. As always, there's more to come, so check back soon and if you don't roll back around until Monday, have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home