07 August 2008

Chaos, Violence, Apocalypse, Thursday

Okay, here's the deal. Between eleven hours at work, and one hour four lunch, I was basically at work for twelve hours yesterday. I was probably the last person to leave the building. Once I got to within about a block of Van Dieman's Station, the Locust Wind (my truck) started handling very splashy. I was able to pull into a mall parking lot in time to see the last of the air leaving my rear driver's side tire. As providence would have it, the mall had a Sears with a tire center. Two and a half hours, twenty bucks, and a great deal of sweat later, I can now honestly say that I'm probably the only person that several of you have ever met who's pushed a flat tire uphill in a mall parking lot, wearing business casual attire, to get said tire fixed. By the time I got settled at my place last night, I was exhausted, it was almost ten at night, and I decided to go to bed.

Translation: Election Thursday is at least postponed, and possibly cancelled for this week. The bottom line is that Senator Obama's choice in friends, his statements, and his stated policies leave me unconvinced of both his judgment and his experience. Senator McCain, on the other hand, is both a known quantity, and right on nearly every issue. The only things that I disagree with him on are his opposition to drilling in ANWR, his belief in global warming (I think science is still on the fence about it), and campaign finance reform (which is barely an issue to begin with). Sure, I'd love to post more detail, but like I said, it was a very long day, so the time just wasn't there. Maybe I'll post something about it this weekend.

In the mean time, if you're bored, here are two related links about how lousy Crocs are:

  • Make. It. Stop.: The case for ending our long national nightmare
  • Fashion tips for women from a guy who knows ---- about fashion. (Maddox)

    Also, in a completely unrelated story, I taught myself - yes, taught myself - two new HTML techniques this week: tables, about within-document links (like a table of contents that helps you navigate to a certain part of the document). As I continue my efforts at designing an updated archive CD (and other projects), these two concepts will be exceptionally beneficial to me. I may even play with them a bit on here, just for practice. Sometimes, I even surprise myself.

    Alright, that's it. If you get bored, go read about information security. You're all using computers, it's something you should know about. There are links on the sidebar. Go! I was finally able to ask Sam-Wise yesterday about that article I wanted to post, so there will be a few items of interest... Just not today. You know, other than what I already posted.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home