05 September 2008

The Fly and Hanna

I don't expect most of you to have paid any attention to this, because I never did when I was on the West Coast, but Tropical Storm Hanna is supposedly headed straight toward me. The roads were absolute bedlam today as I was trying to leave work, and they're telling us that it's going to be pretty ugly outside tomorrow. I was also told that in case of power surges, I shouldn't have my computer plugged in; we'll see how that goes. I'm not too worried about it, and even if I have issues, I have enough food (to include MREs!) to get me through a couple of days of heavy rain and wind. Hurricanes and their leftover baggage certainly weren't one of the issues I planned to deal with when I moved out here, but your friendly neighborhood Super Fly is pretty much able to deal with anything, so I'm not too worried.

Oh, and if push comes to shove, there are squirrels running around my apartment complex. I always wanted to catch and devour one of the squirrels on the [Generic State University] campus, so I suppose that this could turn into my chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home